Who we are
If you have any questions or concerns about how your data is used, please contact us at: https://acornishgirlinabigworld.wordpress.com/contact/
The type of information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers: full name, email address and website address
- Generic website user statistics, including location data from IP address (dependent on cookie settings) and how you found our website (i.e. whether you clicked through from Facebook, Twitter etc)
- Contact log and comments, if you fill in the contact form via our website ‘Contact’ page or leave a reply/comment on a blog post
How we collect the information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Voluntarily completing a contact form
- Voluntarily posting a reply/comment on a blog post
- Through your browser’s cookie settings: this is an opt-in setting put in place by WordPress as the website provider.
We may also receive information via your referral method or site, i.e. social media platform clicks or web search.
How we use the information
We collect your personal information and data, including those examples listed above, for the following functions:
- Gain an understanding of user interest via topic engagement to continue providing interesting content for users
- To view and analyse generic referral statistics (i.e. whether users found the blog via social media or web search etc) as a way of developing marketing and advertising strategies to improve reach and grow scope of the blog
- To keep record of any communications with users
- Overarchingly, to manage and improve the services offered.
Please note that visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we store your personal information
Our website provider may use third party tools to store your personal data and keep your information safe.
Unless otherwise stated, we’ll retain your personal information and data based on the following criteria:
- For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations and accounts
- For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
- Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
• To keep records of our communications with you
• For market research and analysing statistics as a way of improving the services offered
With your consent or explicit consent to receive direct marketing information or blog post updates:
• You are able to remove your consent to receive blog post emails at any time by contacting us at https://acornishgirlinabigworld.wordpress.com/contact/
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate or complete any information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. Please contact us at https://acornishgirlinabigworld.wordpress.com/contact/ if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at https://acornishgirlinabigworld.wordpress.com/contact/
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. You can contact them via: https://www.ico.org.uk